Wild Tigers Safari
May 19-31, 2024 - Sold Out
Join us in Northern India to photograph the iconic Bengal tigers! But not only that, you'll marvel at the beauty of the Taj Mahal, and experience the authentic and colorful Indian culture! This trip is timed to capture both the large male tigers and moms with small cubs. World-renowned tiger photographer Nitish Madan will join David Swindler in leading this all-inclusive 13-day workshop.
Max Group Size
- 3 Students per Instructor
- Max 6 Students
- Nitish Madan
- David Swindler
- Photograph the iconic Royal Bengal Tiger in the beautiful landscapes of Corbett and Ranthambore National Parks! Other wildlife includes Asian Elephants, sambor deer, leopards, and much more.
- Experience the wonder of Taj Mahal and the colorful Indian culture in traditional villages.
- Small group of 6 photographers so everyone will have their own row in the vehicle to allow unobstructed shooting.
- All-inclusive 13-day workshop so you can relax and focus on your photography once you arrive in New Delhi.
- Pro-photographers David Swindler and Nitish Madan will get you in position for the best shots and teach you the skills you need.
- Classroom time will be scheduled throughout the workshop for image critique, post-processing, and photography instruction.
- Day 1 (May 19): Arrive in New Delhi. Welcome Dinner at our 4-star Delhi Hotel at 7PM.
- Day 2 (May 20): After breakfast we hold an orientation session before leaving for Corbett National Park. We check into a 4-star hotel just outside the park that evening.
- Day 3 (May 21): We leave early in the morning and get our first taste of the lush green landscapes of Corbett National Park. We are on the lookout for tigers, elephants, jackals, leopards, and various species of birds. Midday we get settled into our lodge and then head out on an evening safari drive.
- Days 4-5 (May 22-23): Morning and Evening game drives in Corbett National Park.
- Day 6 (May 24): We finish with our last morning safari drive before exiting the park. We then travel to Agra and enjoy the stunning views around the Taj Mahal.
- Day 7 (May 25): We are up well before dawn to photograph the iconic Taj Mahal. Once we have thoroughly enjoyed her beauty, we drive to Ranthambore National Park and check into our 4-star hotel.
- Days 8-12 (May 26-May 30): We go out each morning and evening on safari game drives in the 5 premium tiger viewing zones. During midday hours we'll hold classroom sessions, visit nearby temples, and experience traditional villages.
- Day 13 (May 31): We finish with one final safari drive in Ranthambore before returning to New Delhi. We should arrive no later than 6PM. Most international flights leave late at night if you wish to return home the same evening.
Plan to arrive in Delhi, India anytime on or before 6PM on May 19th. We will meet together for a welcome dinner at 7PM at the hotel.
The workshop is all-inclusive, meaning your lodging, food, and transportation are all covered during our 13 days together including the first day's welcome dinner. The base price assumes double occupancy. If you book as a single participant but want double occupancy, we will attempt to pair you with another participant of the same gender. If that is not possible, you will be asked to pay the single supplement.
Lodging inside of Corbett National Park is extremely limited and everyone will be required to share a room with another participant of the same gender for those 3 nights. All other lodging during the workshop is in 4-star hotels with single supplement available.
We strongly recommend that all participants purchase their own travel insurance. The proper policy will cover things like last-minute cancellations, medical emergencies, and any non-refundable fees connected to the workshop. We have partnered with Squaremouth, a website that allows you to compare policies from multiple providers to choose the best one for you. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
We will setup a zoom meeting with all participants a few months before the workshop to discuss gear and pre-trip planning. You will receive additional information via email to ensure you are set up for a successful and memorable trip!
$7500/person + Tax
Single Supplement - $800/person
- 9 nights double-occupancy lodging in 4-star hotels (single supplement applies).
- 3 nights double-occupancy lodging inside Corbett National Park (no single rooms available).
- All meals and soft drinks including the welcome dinner.
- Ground transportation between Corbett, Agra, and Ranthambore.
- 4x4 Safari Vehicles with drivers and spotters. Each participant will have their own row.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides.
- All permits and entrance fees.
- In-field and classroom instruction by pros Nitish Madan and David Swindler.
Trip Does NOT Include:
- Transportation to/from your home to Delhi, India.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Travel/Medical/Interruption/Cancellation Insurance.
- Passport and Visa Fees.
- Inoculations and Testing, including any COVID-19 specific requirements.
- Gratuities for photo instructors, local guides and drivers.
When you complete the checkout process, you will be given the option to either pay the full amount or put down a 50% deposit. If you pay the deposit, the remaining amount will be charged 90 days prior to departure. See the full Terms and Conditions.
Note: We cannot offer the Loyalty Discount on this workshop as it is an international collaboration.
Meet Your Instructors
Nitish Madan is a landscape and wildlife photographer based in Delhi, India, deeply committed to the cause of wildlife conservation. He specializes in private guided wildlife photography tours to Indias best known national parks.
He works closely with clients to ensure they return home with a portfolio of images that they would be proud to show to their friends, family and colleagues. He has over 500 tiger safaris under his belt.
He has been visiting national parks of India since 2002 as he has always had a deep, spiritual love of nature, wildlife and adventure. He saw his first wild tiger back in 2004 in Kanha National Park in central India. He was totally mesmerized by its beauty. After this sighting, he decided to buy a camera so he could relive those special moments to cherish those memories.
Compared to other genres of photography, wildlife photography is very challenging as you have no control over nature or animals, but that is what makes it so exciting and deeply satisfying.
His goal as a photographer is to share these jewels of nature with everyone to inspire more interest and compassion for the natural world in the hopes that they may be conserved for generations to come.
David Swindler is an award-winning landscape and wildlife photographer. Among others, he has been recognized by Sony World Photography Awards, International Landscape Photographer of the Year, and National Geographic. He received a degree in chemical engineering and worked in the semiconductor industry specializing in optics and photolithography. In 2014, he left his day job to follow his true passion. He has traveled to some of the most remote regions of the world and has extensive experience photographing a wide variety of subjects and conditions. He finds great satisfaction in helping others learn photography, especially in the wild desert environment near his home in Kanab, UT. David is an expert in night photography and loves to get out and shoot the starry night skies. Catch a glimpse of David's work in the slideshow, and follow the links below to see more!
Gallery Awards and Media Coverage
Having guided photo tours for years, David is very familiar with many different types of cameras. He is a master with light and composition. But most importantly, his dedication to his clients is what really sets him apart! Just read what others are saying here: Trip Advisor.
Secret Slot Canyon Workshop
Hidden Gems Southwest
Palouse Barns Photo Workshop
June 30-July 3, 2023 - 2 Spots Left!
Palouse Harvest Photo Workshop
Rifugios in the Dolomites
Sept 14-21, 2023 - Sold Out!
Beyond the Badlands – Full Moon
Bisti Badlands – Fall
Oct 5-9, 2023 - Sold Out
Oct 15-19, 2023 - Sold Out
Zion Fall Colors Workshop
Eastern Sierras Photo Workshop
Horse Ranch Winter Photo Workshop
Jan 18-24, 2024 - 1 Spot Left!
Iceland In Winter Photo Workshop
March 8-18, 2024 - Sold Out!
Red Sails in Greenland
July 28-August 2, 2024 - 2 Spots Left!
Big Cats Africa Safari
Nov 3 - 14, 2024
Wild Horses in Utah
Apr 17-20, 2023 - Sold Out!
Apr 21-24, 2023 - Sold Out!
Monument Valley and Native Cultures
May 19-23, 2023 - Sold Out!
Beyond the Badlands – Spring
May 12-17, 2023 - Sold Out
Grand Staircase and Beyond
Central Oregon Coast Photo Workshop
Southern Oregon Coast Photo Workshop
Spring in the Palouse – For Women Photographers
May 24-27, 2023 - Sold Out
Bisti Badlands – Spring
Redwoods Photo Workshop
Spring in the Palouse Photo Workshop
June 10-13, 2023 - Sold Out!
South Dakota Badlands Photo Workshop
Incredible Indonesia Photo Workshop
Olympic National Park Photo Workshop
Storms & Saguaros
July 20-24, 2023 - Sold Out
Alaska Brown Bears Photo Workshop
July 23-28, 2023 - Sold Out
Grand Canyon Monsoon
Mt. Rainier Wildflowers
White Pocket Monsoon
Iceland Highlands Photo Workshop 2023
Sept 8-17, 2023 - Sold Out
Red Sails in Greenland 2023
Sept 2-7, 2023 - Sold Out!
Arctic Wildlife & Landscapes
Alaska Fall Colors
Northern Utah Fall Colors
Southwest Annular Eclipse
Central Oregon Coast Photo Workshop Fall
Beyond the Badlands – Fall Colors
Cypress Swamps Photo Workshop
Nov 5-9, 2023 - Sold Out
Hidden Gems Southwest Fall
Canadian Rockies in Winter
Jan 28-Feb 5, 2024 - Sold Out!
Yellowstone & Grand Tetons in Winter
Alaska Aurora Borealis
Wild Tigers Safari India
Alaska Brown Bears Photo Workshop
Iceland Highlands Photo Workshop
Kenya by Land, Air, & Night
July 27 - Aug 7, 2024 - Sold Out!