Wild Tigers Safari
May 19-31, 2024 - Sold Out
Join us in Northern India to photograph the iconic Bengal tigers! But not only that, you'll marvel at the beauty of the Taj Mahal, and experience the authentic and colorful Indian culture! This trip is timed to capture both the large male tigers and moms with small cubs. World-renowned tiger photographer Nitish Madan will join David Swindler in leading this all-inclusive 13-day workshop.
- Photograph the iconic Royal Bengal Tiger in the beautiful landscapes of Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore National Parks! Other wildlife includes Asian Elephants, sambor deer, leopards, and much more.
- Experience the wonder of Taj Mahal and the colorful Indian culture in traditional villages.
- Small group of 6 photographers so everyone will have their own row in the vehicle to allow unobstructed shooting.
- All-inclusive 13-day workshop so you can relax and focus on your photography once you arrive in New Delhi.
- Pro-photographers David Swindler and Nitish Madan will get you in position for the best shots and teach you the skills you need.
- Classroom time will be scheduled throughout the workshop for image critique, post-processing, and photography instruction.
- Day 1 (May 19): Arrive in New Delhi. Welcome Dinner at our 4-star Delhi Hotel at 7PM followed by an orientation session.
- Day 2 (May 20): After an early breakfast we head to the airport for our flight to Jabalpur. From there we load up in a van and arrive at our accommodations hear Bandhavgarh National Park. After settling in, we head out on our first tiger safari!!
- Day 3-5 (May 21-23): Morning and evening safari drives in Bandhavgarh National Park. We are on the lookout for tigers, elephants, jackals, leopards, and various species of birds. During midday hours we will catch up on sleep, and or hold classroom sessions and image critiques.
- Day 6 (May 24): We finish with our last morning safari drive before exiting the park. We then travel to Agra and enjoy the stunning views around the Taj Mahal.
- Day 7 (May 25): We are up well before dawn to photograph the iconic Taj Mahal. Once we have thoroughly enjoyed her beauty, we drive to Ranthambore National Park and check into our 4-star hotel.
- Days 8-12 (May 26-May 30): We go out each morning and evening on safari game drives in the 5 premium tiger viewing zones. During midday hours we'll hold classroom sessions, visit nearby temples, and experience traditional villages.
- Day 13 (May 31): We finish with one final safari drive in Ranthambore before returning to New Delhi. We should arrive no later than 6PM. Most international flights leave late at night if you wish to return home the same evening.
Plan to arrive in Delhi, India anytime on or before 6PM on May 19th. We will meet together for a welcome dinner at 7PM at the hotel.
The workshop is all-inclusive, meaning your lodging, food, and transportation are all covered during our 13 days together including the first day's welcome dinner. The base price assumes double occupancy. If you book as a single participant but want double occupancy, we will attempt to pair you with another participant of the same gender. If that is not possible, you will be asked to pay the single supplement.
All lodging during the workshop is in upscale 4-star hotels with single supplement available.
As a requirement of joining the workshop, participants purchase their own travel insurance. The proper policy will cover things like last-minute cancellations, medical emergencies, and any non-refundable fees connected to the workshop. We have partnered with Squaremouth, a website that allows you to compare policies from multiple providers to choose the best one for you. Please see the Pricing Section below for the Special Workshop Terms and Conditions.
We will setup a zoom meeting with all participants a few months before the workshop to discuss gear and pre-trip planning. You will receive additional information via email to ensure you are set up for a successful and memorable trip!
$8100/person + Tax
Single Supplement - $1000
- 12 nights double-occupancy lodging in 4-star hotels. Single supplement is available if you want your own room.
- All meals and soft drinks including the welcome dinner.
- Ground transportation between Delhi, Agra, and Ranthambore.
- Round trip airfare between Delhi and Jabalpur.
- 4x4 Safari Vehicles with drivers and spotters. Each participant will have their own row.
- Services of exceptional English-speaking guides.
- All permits and entrance fees.
- In-field and classroom instruction by pros Nitish Madan and David Swindler.
Trip Does NOT Include:
- Transportation to/from your home to Delhi, India.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Travel/Medical/Interruption/Cancellation Insurance.
- Passport and Visa Fees.
- Inoculations and Testing, including any COVID-19 specific requirements.
- Gratuities for photo instructors, local guides and drivers.
Special Workshop Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations made on or before May 8, 2023 will be refunded in full.
- After May 8, 2023, the deposit becomes non-refundable if you cancel your spot.
- Travel Insurance is Mandatory and it is the participant's responsibility to select a policy that adequately covers their workshop investment, travel expenses, healthcare, and emergencies.
- The final payment is due 180-days prior to the workshop. Once paid, it becomes non-refundable in the event of any cancellations.
- We cannot offer the Loyalty Discount on this workshop as it is an international collaboration.
Meet Your Instructors
Nitish Madan is a landscape and wildlife photographer based in Delhi, India, deeply committed to the cause of wildlife conservation. He specializes in private guided wildlife photography tours to Indias best known national parks.
He works closely with clients to ensure they return home with a portfolio of images that they would be proud to show to their friends, family and colleagues. He has over 500 tiger safaris under his belt.
He has been visiting national parks of India since 2002 as he has always had a deep, spiritual love of nature, wildlife and adventure. He saw his first wild tiger back in 2004 in Kanha National Park in central India. He was totally mesmerized by its beauty. After this sighting, he decided to buy a camera so he could relive those special moments to cherish those memories.
Compared to other genres of photography, wildlife photography is very challenging as you have no control over nature or animals, but that is what makes it so exciting and deeply satisfying.
His goal as a photographer is to share these jewels of nature with everyone to inspire more interest and compassion for the natural world in the hopes that they may be conserved for generations to come.
David Swindler is an award-winning landscape and wildlife photographer. Among others, he has been recognized by Sony World Photography Awards, International Landscape Photographer of the Year, and National Geographic. He received a degree in chemical engineering and worked in the semiconductor industry specializing in optics and photolithography. In 2014, he left his day job to follow his true passion. He has traveled to some of the most remote regions of the world and has extensive experience photographing a wide variety of subjects and conditions. He finds great satisfaction in helping others learn photography, especially in the wild desert environment near his home in Kanab, UT. David is an expert in night photography and loves to get out and shoot the starry night skies. Catch a glimpse of David's work in the slideshow, and follow the links below to see more!
Having guided photo tours for years, David is very familiar with many different types of cameras. He is a master with light and composition. But most importantly, his dedication to his clients is what really sets him apart! Just read what others are saying here: Trip Advisor.
Mar 10-15, 2024 - 1 Spot Left!!
May 11-15, 2024
Oct 5-9, 2023 - Sold Out
Oct 15-19, 2023 - Sold Out
Nov 5-9, 2023 - Sold Out
Jan 18-24, 2024
Jan 28-Feb 5, 2024 - Sold Out
Feb 29-Mar 7, 2024 - Sold Out!
March 8-18, 2024 - Sold Out!
Mar 24-28, 2024 - Sold Out!
Apr 16-19, 2024 - Private Group
Apr 20-24, 2024 - Sold Out
June 4-8, 2024 - Sold Out!
July 27 - Aug 7, 2024 - Sold Out!
July 28-August 2, 2024 - Sold Out!
Nov 3 - 14, 2024 - Sold Out!
Nov 5-9, 2024 - Sold Out