Utah Night Photography Tours
Southern Utah abounds with dark skies and scenic spots for night photography tours. Learn how to capture the full grandeur of the Milky Way and incorporate foreground with both natural and carefully planned artificial lighting. Take some long exposure star trails. Let us teach you all the tips and tricks to get the highest quality night images with our exceptional instruction. When applicable, you’ll also learn how to incorporate the moon and clouds into night shots. Read more in the tabs below. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- This trip departs out of Kanab UT. If you’re coming from Page, AZ, contact us to arrange a meet-up just off the highway.
- If you want to capture the brightest part of the Milky Way, you’ll need to book your trip during the months of March through Sept. The best dates are when there is little to no moon interference. Contact us for help in scheduling the best dates.
- Participants will need their own camera gear, a tripod, and a headlight. We will provide the landscape lighting equipment.
- White Pocket is one of the best spots around for night photography. Consider booking a fully outfitted overnight camping trip to White Pocket and we will include a night photography outing. Contact us for more details.
- There are many great locations in the Kanab and Escalante areas for night photography. Let us know what you’re interested in and we’ll find the best spots for you depending on the time of year.
- For camera gear, a full-frame DSLR works best coupled with a fast wide-angle lens (f2.8 or faster). We can help advise on gear if needed.
- Price includes vehicle transportation to/from Kanab and all photography guiding throughout the night. A typical outing is 6 hours. If you wish to stay out longer than that, a small surcharge will apply.
- There is no guarantee we’ll have clear skies on the night you book. If skies aren’t clear, we have two options. We can change to a standard sunrise or sunset photo tour. Or we can still go out at night and teach you the skills you’ll need so you can do it on your own next time.
- To account for weather, you can book more than one night.
- $199/person for a 6-hour night excursion beginning and ending in Kanab, UT.
- Minimum group size is 3 for the $199/person rate. For group sizes smaller than 3, the private tour rate of $500 applies (1-2 people). When desired, we often combine groups to help meet the minimum.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure your reservation. Full trip payment is due prior to departure. You can pay via credit card or with cash on the day of the trip.
- Fully outfitted overnight camping trips can also be arranged. Contact us for details. This is often the best way to maximize your night photography.
- Please see our Terms & Conditions for more detailed information.