Slot Canyon Photo Tour - Full Day
$299 per Person
- Our full-day Slot Canyon Photography Tour is designed for those craving adventure. We'll customize the outing to the level of physical exertion you desire!
- Trek through Buckskin Gulch while photographing some of the most jaw-dropping scenery you've ever seen. We'll get you to the best parts at the best times of the day!
- For those wanting a less strenuous option, we'll visit two shorter canyons. One in the morning and another in the afternoon after a lunch break.
- Professional photography instruction included on all outings. Take your slot canyon shots to the next level!
- Small group size capped at 5 people to ensure personalized instruction and individualized attention.
- Tour Length: 8 hours
- Drive Time: It depends on where we go. The closest canyons are around 30 mins drive from Kanab. Others are about an hour away.
- Time Spent on Location: Approx 5-6 hrs
- Tour Departure Time: This trip is slated to leave Kanab at 8AM and returning around 4PM. However, this start time can be flexible depending on your travel needs. Please arrive around 10 mins early to load your gear and finish the check-in process. Note that we operate on Utah time which is one hour ahead of Las Vegas. During the months of Daylight Savings (approx mid-March through early Nov), Utah is also one hour ahead of Arizona. Please take this into consideration if traveling from out of state.
- Tour Pricing: Please click on the Book Your Tour button for the latest pricing. Most of our tours require a 2-person minimum. Single individuals can always go, but may need to pay the 2-person rate if nobody else decides to join.
- Tour Meetup Location: Please come to our place of business at 451 W. Johnson Dr in Kanab, UT https://goo.gl/UpMVvu. This is a safe place to park your vehicle. If you like, you can leave any valuables inside the house. Once you arrive, we’ll ask you to load your gear and sign a liability release waiver. If you haven’t yet paid in full, we’ll take the remaining payment via cash or credit card. Contact us if you are unable to get to the meet-up spot and we’ll make alternate arrangements. Las Vegas is the closest major airport to Kanab. There is no public transportation to Kanab, so you’ll need your own rental car or private vehicle.
- Permits: We hold commercial use permits for the locations we visit.
- Group Size: Our groups will never exceed 5 people per guide. We like to keep our tours small so we can give adequate individual attention.
- Guides: Due to scheduling complexities, we often don’t know which guide will accompany your group until a day or two prior. If you want a specific guide, then please Contact Us to make your request. Although we’ll do our best to make it happen, please note that there are no guarantees.
- Weather Conditions: We can almost always get to these locations despite what the weather throws at us. If the weather is truly inclement, your tour guide may suggest you visit an alternate destination. This decision will be made the day of the outing based on the consensus of the group. If rain is in the forecast, we cannot visit the slot canyon due to flash flood risk. Note that we cannot offer refunds due to weather unless we cannot go out at all. Don’t despise inclement weather – that is often when you get the most dramatic photos! Just make sure you dress and prepare adequately.
- Hiking / Fitness: When you book the tour, please let us know what level of hiking difficulty you want and we'll make sure we go to the best canyons for you.
- Food/Water: We do not provide food on our outings. All participants should bring food/water to hold them through while hiking. We will have a cooler where you can store food and drink.
- What to Wear: You should check the weather forecast prior to coming on the trip (search for Kanab, UT on Weather.com). If it’s going to be hot, wear light-colored clothing and a hat. If the temperatures are cold, bring some warm layers and long pants. Don’t forget sunglasses and sunscreen. If it’s very cold and or windy, don’t forget a jacket, warm hat and some gloves. If rain or snow is in the forecast, bring a rain jacket. We recommend wearing sturdy footwear due to the uneven terrain and sand.
- Restroom Facilities: There are limited facilities where we will visit. If you need to use the restroom in the backcountry, we will have toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and a shovel available. You can dig a hole back behind a bush to do your business.
- Half-Day Option: If you want a less strenuous day, consider our Half-Day Slot Canyon Photography Tour.
- Camera Gear: A wide angle zoom lens is the most useful on this trip (equivalent 16-35 on a full-frame camera or 10-22mm on a crop sensor). A mid-range lens can also come in handy (24-70 on full frame or 18-55 on crop sensor). Bring a polarizer to cut glare from the water. ND filters are nice for long exposures of water. All photographers should bring a tripod. Don’t forget extra batteries, memory cards, and cleaning supplies.
- Photography Advice: Read our article on Slot Canyon Photography
- Safety: Our guides are trained in CPR/First-Aid. All 4WD vehicles are equipped with extraction equipment and a first-aid kit. We carry a satellite beacon with us in case of emergencies outside of cell range.
- Cancellation/Re-Scheduling: Please see our Terms and Conditions.