The Water Pockets is a stunning area with lots of brainrock, fins, tepees, swirls, and interesting features. It’s rarely visited, so you’ll come away with many unique images. In fact, we’ve never seen anyone else out here. Best of all, no permits are required! The closest areas are a moderate 4-mile round trip hike. If you’re feeling up to it, we can visit some of the further areas but this involves some strenuous descending/ascending. This is primarily an afternoon/sunset location and if there’s nice clouds, we’ll might get some sweet sunset color reflecting the pools of water. For additional info, please see the tabs below. Contact Us with any questions or concerns.
- Trip departs out of Kanab,UT.
- The Water Pockets is rated as Moderate since a 4-mile round trip hike is required.
- If you’re in good shape, we can venture further in, but this has some steep ascending/descending and it’s rated as Strenuous. It’s totally worth the effort though!
- This area is beautiful during all seasons of the year. After heavy precipitation, the dirt road may be impassable. If this occurs, we will schedule an alternate location.
- If you enjoy night photography, this is a good spot to visit. Contact us about arranging outings for night photos.
- This spot is best in afternoon/evening. Expect a late arrival back in Kanab if we stay out for sunset.
- Price includes 4WD vehicle transportation and all photo guiding and instruction.
- $199/person for a full-day trip (8-9 hours) beginning and ending in Kanab, UT.
- Minimum group size is 3 for the $199/person rate. For group sizes smaller than 3, the private tour rate of $500 applies (1-2 people). When desired, we often combine groups to help meet the minimum.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure your reservation. Full trip payment is due prior to departure. You can pay via credit card or with cash on the day of the trip.
- Fully outfitted overnight camping trips can also be arranged. Contact us for details.
- Please see our Terms & Conditions for more detailed information.