Difficulty: Somewhat Strenuous
The Wahweap Hoodoos have some of the most unique and striking white pedestal rocks in the world. It’s amazing to see the precariously balanced hoodoos and erosion lines in the brainrock. Photography opportunities here are endless and you’ll walk away with many great images. It’s a 9-mile roundtrip hike over mostly flat ground. Due to the exposure, this trip is not recommended in hot weather. Read more in the tabs below. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- This trip departs out of Kanab, UT. If you’re coming from Page, AZ, contact us to arrange a meet-up just off the highway.
- The hiking surface is flat and easy to negotiate. The only exception is if has rained recently, then it can get muddy and slick.
- It’s a 9-mile roundtrip hike to reach the best hoodoos. Since the hike is very exposed in the wide wash, booking this trip during the hot summer months is not advised.
- We will visit many unique photo spots in the Wahweap Hoodoos during the best light.
- We recommend carrying a lot of water as it can get very hot. It can also get cold and windy in the cooler months.
- Clients are responsible for bringing their own food.
- Price includes vehicle transportation to/from Kanab and all photography guiding/instruction throughout the day. A typical day is 8 hours. If you wish to stay out longer than that, a small surcharge will apply.
- The best light for the hoodoos is at sunrise. We usually depart well before dawn and hike in the dark. Clients should bring headlamps for pre-dawn hiking. The hoodoos are not well lit in the late afternoon and evening.
- $199/person for a full-day trip (8-9 hours) beginning and ending in Kanab, UT.
- Minimum group size is 3 for the $199/person rate. For group sizes smaller than 3, the private tour rate of $500 applies (1-2 people). When desired, we often combine groups to help meet the minimum.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure your reservation. Full trip payment is due prior to departure. You can pay via credit card or with cash on the day of the trip.
- Please see our Terms & Conditions for more detailed information.