White Pocket Tours
White Pocket is one of our most popular photo tours. We cater to photographers by going out for the best light, showing you the best spots, and giving you photo instruction. White Pocket has so much variety – white brainrock, colorful swirls and textures, hoodoos, reflecting pools, etc. It's a long, rough 4WD road to get out here, so leave the logistics to us. Once we arrive, you don't have to hike far to reach the best spots. For the ultimate photography experience, consider booking as an overnight camping trip (we can provide the gear). If booking as a day trip, we usually depart around noon, stay through sunset, and maybe even throw in some night photography. Click here to view our blog article on White Pocket Tours. Read more in the tabs below. Please Contact Us with any questions.
- This trip departs out of Kanab, UT. If you’re coming from Page, AZ, contact us to arrange a meet-up just off the highway.
- It’s a long drive to get out to White Pocket, with most of it on rough and very sandy roads. Leave the driving logistics to us and enjoy your day exploring and photographing!
- Once we get to White Pocket, it’s a short hike from the parking lot to the brainrock with a roundtrip distance of 1-3 miles depending on how far you want to go.
- We can visit many unique photo spots in White Pocket. Let us show you the best spots!
- We recommend carrying a lot of water as it can get very hot on certain days. It can also get very cold and windy in the cooler months. Snow can fall in the winter.
- Price includes vehicle transportation to/from Kanab and all photography guiding throughout the day. A typical day is anywhere from 8-9 hours. Tours lasting longer than 9 hours can be arranged with a small surcharge.
- Participants should bring their own food for all day trips. A cooler will be provided.
- If you’re interested in getting both sunrise & sunset or perhaps some night photography, consider booking this as an overnight camping trip. Contact us for a price quote, as cost will vary depending on number of people and how much gear & food we need to provide.
- $199/person for a full-day trip (8-9 hours) beginning and ending in Kanab, UT.
- Minimum group size is 3 for the $199/person rate. For group sizes smaller than 3, the private tour rate of $500 applies (1-2 people). When desired, we often combine groups to help meet the minimum.
- A 25% deposit is required to secure your reservation. Full trip payment is due prior to departure. You can pay via credit card or with cash on the day of the trip.
- Fully outfitted overnight camping trips can also be arranged. Contact us for details.
- Please see our Terms & Conditions for more detailed information.